I was going through my work email yesterday, and found a lot of links I had circulated there. Pardon if there are duplicates to previous posts, there are too many to go back through the blog posts…
- A tutorial on character code issues
- Java and UTF-8 encoding
- How to spot the dreaded non-coding architect
- I think this would be a useful tool or technique to demonstrate a couple of aspects of your application. Just write a script that ‘flips’ your resource bundle(s), and apply to your app(s). Now, you know if your app appropriately handles UTF-8 character encoding, you can see what is not internationalized, and you will be able to tell which of your automated tests are explicitly dependent on text strings.
- PMD: Automated source code analysis and bug detection
- A Library of Topics from around the Web on scaling websites
- One of my favorite presentations on scalability
- Enough With The Rainbow Tables: What You Need To Know About Secure Password Schemes
- Testing Will Challenge Your Conventions
- Java Spec: Measures and Units
- Making the Most of Java 5.0: Enum Tricks
- Continuous Integration anti-patterns
Wow! That was a mouthful!